My client literally just walked out the door from a full day, private workshop with your fearless leader where we revamped his signature presentation that he uses to book consultations for his IT business.
Besides being a cool dude, Mike is also super-smart – and not just because he paid to work with me. His presentation was pretty good but now it’s spectacular. Here are the changes we made:
- Broke down his content into two crystal clear chunks which directly set up the need to work with him. This makes the presentation easy to follow and understand and will increase conversions.
- Cut waaaaay back on the teaching. Nearly everyone has too much content that either confuses their audiences, bores them, or both.
- Added a LOT of stories. Stories sell especially stories that illustrate either excellent results someone achieved or stories that scare the pants off audience members by showing them the bad stuff that happens if they don’t take action.
- Cut down on the words on each slide. Remember, your slides should remind you what to say not give your audience a dissertation on your topic.
- Added images to the slides. These images illustrated the point being made in humorous ways. Pictures and illustrations can make your presentation entertaining.
- Crafted a robust close. Even though my man Mike is offering a free consultation, he still needs to close. He came up with three big bonuses, AND we scripted step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions on what the audience members need to do.
- Created his core story. This was missing from his presentation. You MUST have a compelling core story. It one of the significant things that creates a bond between you and your audience and gets them to like you and trust you.
- Scripted his transitions. Most people don’t give a lot of thought about how they transition from one slide to the next however transitions make your presentation smooth and professional.
Well, kemosabe, I’ve just given you a valuable checklist of things you can do to improve your presentation. I suggest you print this and keep it handy.
Kick butt, make mucho DEEnero!
Dave “Sends The Most Valuable Emails Ever” Dee
P.S. If you’re interested in having a one-day, private workshop with me where we will either revamp your presentation, so you close sales like crazy or create your new signature presentation from scratch, just reply to this email, tell me a little bit about what you sell, and ask me to send you more info. I’ll email you details about working together. Note: As you can guess, a private day with me is not cheap but oh so worth it if you speak to sell.